Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

Roasted Vegetables and Tofu


Let's set the record straight.  I am not a fun person to be around when I'm hungry.  I get grumpy, impatient, and whiny.  Good times.  Anyways, after my Sunday morning workout, I felt the pangs of insatiable hunger that could only be fought with one thing: stir fry. But, the problem with stir fry is that you have to fry the tofu and the vegetables separately before you can combine them and enjoy your meal, and i had little motivation to do this.  So instead,
I decided make "stir fry in a casserole dish" where I threw everything in the oven and roasted it for 30 minutes.  And to distract myself from hunger for those thirty minutes, I watched an episode of Scrubs:)

these were some interestingly shaped peppers

This dish might actually be the easiest thing I've ever made.  (Other than quesadillas of course, but i don't really consider that cooking.)  After layering all of the vegetables and tofu, I drizzled a mixture of olive oil, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, lemon juice and ginger over them.


Roasted Vegetables and Tofu:
1/2 pound extra-firm tofu, cubed
1/2 a large onion, coarsely chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 cup baby carrots, chopped
Juice from 1/2 a lemon
1/8 cup olive oil
1/8 cup soy sauce or other flavoring (I used Trader Joes' Soyaki sauce)
1 tablespoon ginger, minced finely
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 clove garlic, minced finely (optional)

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.  Layer the onions, tofu, peppers and carrots in a casserole pan. In a separate bowl, combine the olive oil, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and lemon. Drizzle the mixture over the tofu and vegetables, and bake dish for 30 to 40 minutes.  Allow dish to cool and serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment